Cajun Injector Deluxe Marinade InjChocolate covered strawberries are the ultimate Valentine's Day dessert. They are easier than you may think and you can put your own spin on them.
What You Need
Chocolate chips in your favorite flavor (dark is mine)
Heavy whipping cream (just a tad)
Your fav alcoholic beverage and a cooking syringe (if you choose to spike them, it's totally optional, I use champagne or vodka)
Wax paper helps but is not a necessity
Strawberries of course :)
What To Do
1. Rinse your strawberries and lay them out to dry. The chocolate will stick much better to dry strawberries.
2. Warm up your chocolate. You can it several ways. I cover the bottom of a sauce pan with heavy whipping cream, bring it to a boil and then stir in my chocolate chips. You can use a double broiler, which does not require heavy whipping cream, if you have one. Some people even use a microwave. Although that technique has never been successful for me.
3. Now you dip your strawberries in chocolate and place them on a plate. If you put wax paper over your plate your strawberries will come out less sloppy.
4. Place them in the fridge to set. For basic chocolate covered strawberries you can stop after step 4 and enjoy.
5. For drunken strawberries you will need a cooking syringe. Simply suck some alcohol in the syringe and inject it into the strawberry through the top. A little goes a long way you don't want them to drip.
6. If you want to decorate your strawberries melt down another shade of chocolate, if you use white you can add food coloring. Then get creative, add swirls, stripes, or polka dots. For the Super Bowl I added football laces so they looked like little footballs. The possibilities are endless.
Progressive International 4 in 1 Flavor Injector