I don’t know about you, but this winter weather has my skin feeling anything but smooth. My favorite cure for dry winter skin and the winter blues is an exfoliating honey banana face mask. This mask will refresh your skin and invigorate your senses. It is a 15 minute tropical escape from winter.
What you need
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon of honey
- Peel you banana and slice it into 1 inch slices (save the peel)
- Put the banana slices into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds
- Pour a teaspoon on honey into the bowl and mash the bananas and honey together. It will have a thick texture.
- Using your fingers, apply the mixture to your face.
- For the next 15 minutes just relax... I recommend doing it in the bath tub for maximum experience.
- Rinse you face
- If you have any acne or other blemishes on your face, rub the inside of the peel on your problem area. The antioxidants and potassium will help reduce the blemish.
TIP: Be careful not to clog your bathtub lol I went a little over board and used all the extra mask on my feet the last time I did it and my tub was super slow to drain after that. The spousal equivalent did not enjoy fixing the problem. So if you do the mask in the tub, gently wipe the clumps of banana off with a rag before rinsing. It shouldn't be problem unless you bathe in it like I did but better safe than sorry :)